Well, 2018 is finally wrapped up. On that note…
1. Be brave! Take a step out of your comfort zone. Do something you wouldn’t have thought possible a year ago. There is so much to gain.
2. Forgive yourself. In the past, you’ve forgiven people who deserved it less than you do right now. You are human, you make mistakes and you take wrong turns. You can’t hold your errors and faults against yourself forever. Forgiveness is key.
3. Try to believe that every mistake and every wrong choice you make helps you get to where you’re supposed to be. That maybe friends drift apart for a reason, that a failed relationship is a well-hidden lesson. Sometimes it’s hard to find a point in things that hurt you. But there always is one, no matter how long it takes you to understand.
4. Letting go and moving on is not a race. It’s not a competition or a contest on who cares less. Take your time to heal. Move at your own pace.
5. Tell them you miss them. Tell them, or they will never know. For all you know, they probably miss you as well.
6. Don’t let the fear of change, the fear of trying new things, stop you. Ever. In the end we only regret what we didn’t do.
7. Trust your gut. As stupid as it sounds, listen to your heart. If you have a bad feeling about a situation, voice it. Act on it. You’ve been through enough to trust in the way you feel about something or someone.
8. If someone leads you on, if they make you feel like you’re not worth their time, but draw you in again once they notice you distancing yourself, cut them out of your life. You deserve so much better than someone who treats you like a person that’s easily replaced.
9. Don’t sell yourself short. Don’t hide your light under a bushel. You’re here, you’re loved and you matter.
10. It’s never too late for a new dream. It’s never too late to discover something that makes your heart beat faster and gives you purpose. If you find it, hold on to it.
Happy New Year!